"The vision of West Noble Elementary is that all students will believe in themselves, reach their highest potential, and be ready for college and a career."
- May 27 - Memorial Day / no school
- May 30 - Make up day #1 / school closed Nov 21, 2012
- May 31 - Make up day #2 / school closed Feb 4, 2013
- Jun 3 - Make up day #3 / school closed Feb 22, 2013
- Jun 4 - Public AIDS Advisory Council Meeting - 3:00 PM in the Green Room / Central Office
- Jun 4 - Make up day #4 / school closed Feb 27, 2013
- Jun 5 - Make up day #5 / school closed Mar 6, 2013
- Jun 6 - Make up day #6 / school closed Mar 18,, 2013
- Jun 7 - Make up day #7 / school closed Mar 25, 2013
- Jun 7 - Last student day / pending cancellations
- Jun 10 - Last staff day / pending cancellations
Summer School will be held June 11-28 at WNE. The summer school part is from 8-11. New Dawn takes over from 11-2. The first week is Tuesday -Friday. The following two weeks are Monday -Thursday with a New Dawn field trip all day on Friday. For additional information concerning Summer School please contact Mrs. Duncan, ext. 1002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org For additional information concerning New DAWN activities please contact Mr. Harper, ext. 1064 or email email@example.com
The goal for the reading initiative is for students to identify their Hoosier Family of Readers and read each day throughout the summer. A reading family can be any combination of caring adults and children. Over 3,000 free online books are available for students through an IDOE partnership with myON. For a message from Glenda Ritz, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction and directions for accessing the online books click here http://www.doe.in.gov/hoosierreaders
Additional Information concerning myON:
Through the Hoosier Family of Readers initiative, students and their families across the state will have unlimited access to reading material on myON, giving families an opportunity to share rich literacy experiences together regardless of their socioeconomic status or whether or not there is a proficient reader in the home.
- More than 3,000 digital books from Capstone and additional publishing partners, ranging from illustrated and picture books to chapter books, graphic novels, literary non-fiction, photo and informational texts spanning multiple eras and cultures.
- Digital books from the following publishing partners will also be available: August House Little Folk/ Story Cove, Bellwether, Hothouse, Mikaya Press, Orca, ReferencePoint, Saddleback and Sylvan-Dell.
- The collection includes 70% nonfiction, 10% Spanish or dual language and 20% Hi-Lo titles, and is continually growing.
- A wide range of titles and topics provides varying levels of text complexity and support close reading in a range of genres and content areas, including history/social studies, science and technical works.
- Books are available online anytime, anywhere students have access to an Internet connection, 24x7,
- There’s no limit to the number of students who can read the same book at the same time on myON.
- Students can download up to 20 titles for offline reading using free mobile apps for iPad and Android devices
The West Noble PTO is a parent run organization designed to support West Noble teachers in their efforts to educate our children. The PTO helps teachers with in-school and after-school activities, such as: Popcorn Friday, Read like a Rock Star, Cookies and Cocoa with Santa, Winter Blast and much, much more! Click here for additional information and upcoming events and meetings.
Every classroom and office at WNE has adopted a college, university, or military branch this year. See list. This allows us many opportunities to connect what we are learning at WNE to the real world. It also allows us to express the importance of education after high school and excite our students about learning now and in the future! Check out the WNE Photo Album to see pictures of visits between the classroom students and their college pen pals.
Why go to college? (PDF)
- MyPaymentsPlus provides an easy-to-use, efficient way to make meal payments quickly and securely anytime using a simple Internet connection. You can say goodbye to the hassles of sending in multiple checks to multiple locations for multiple students. It can all be done with one payment on MyPaymentsPlus. MyPaymentsPlus also allows the ability to receive free low balance emails and in most cases view the purchases made in the cafeteria online.
- Parents can sign-up for the program by establishing a (FREE) account at: www.MyPaymentsPlus.com
- Parents establish their own username and password
- click here for additional information
West Noble Elementary School wants parents to know about a resource for parents provided by the Indiana Department of Education. It is Indiana's Parent Information and Resource Center (PIRC). We know schools improve when they partner with parents. You can access it easily at www.fscp.org. This site gives parents helpful hints on helping your child.
New students need to bring a birth certificate, a former grade card, any special education or gifted information, current address and phone number, parents place of employment and work number, custody papers if applicable, 2 emergency contact phone numbers along with names, and immunization records.
- Sra. Aracely Garcia, ext. 4000 - West Noble Primary
- Sra. Claudia Christenson, ext. 1005 - West Noble Elementary
- Sra. Toy Mast, ext. 2015 - West Noble Middle School