PDF - NEW INFORMATION Concerning Bus and Walking Routes 2013-14
PDF - NEW EXPANDED Walking Route Map 2013-14
The West Noble transportation department will be adding to the existing parent responsibility zones (walk zones) for the 2013-14 school year.
Any student, at all four school buildings, living within an approximate half-mile or 5-block area, will be required to walk to the West Noble Primary building to board their assigned bus to take them to the US 33 campus.
The added area will include the south side of Lincolnway West from Bowery north to Pontiac as well as the west side of Cavin Street from Lincolnway to College. There will be NO stop at Lake City Bank. Those students in the expanded walk areas will walk to the West Noble Primary and board a specified bus to be transported to the West Noble campus. That bus will be the same bus they rode at the end of last school year.
Students will return in the afternoon to West Noble Primary and walk home.
Also changing will be the number of stops in a given area.
- Students living in the Eagles Nest Estates, formerly Indian Lakes, will be picked up at the laundromat; buses will not drive through the park.
- Students living at Stone Ridge Estates will have one bus stop per lane.
- Students living on the east side of town in Ligonier will have minimal stops. McClean and Jackson, McClean and 4th, as well as one stop on Third Street by the police station for students living on the east side of Cavin. There will be no stops at Smith and Union, Grant and Union or Union and McClean. Students who got on at those stops will need to walk to McClean and Jackson.
- Students living in Fashion Manor will have one bus stop at the corner of Pottawatomi and Tipton.
Students living in Wawaka, Kimmell and Cromwell will also have fewer bus stops and will be expected to walk to the designated stop in their area.
- Wawaka will have two stops, one at Brown and Albion and the second at the Post Office.
- Kimmell stops will include Jackson and Baker, Noe and Oak, Clark and Jackson and Georgia and Maple.
- Cromwell will include East Orange and Gants, West Orange and Baker, Cromwell Community Center and Olive and Summit.
Important: No student will be allowed to ride a bus they have not been assigned to without permission from the driver or the Transportation Director.
A driver may refuse to transport any student who is at a bus stop that is not their assigned stop if the bus is full and they have no safe way to transport that student on their bus.
Please stop by the transportation table at registration to confirm where your student’s bus stop will be.
- Tips for walking safely to school - (PDF)
- Sugerencias para caminar con
seguridad hasta la escuela - (PDF)
- Tips for Parents and Other Adults -
For Teaching Pedestrian Safety to Children - (PDF)
- Sugerencias para padres y otros -
adultos sobre enseñar seguridad peatonal a los niños - (PDF)
Buses will leave West Noble at 5:30 p.m. Stops will be at: Cromwell Lake City Bank; Kimmell Post Office; Washington Center Community Building; Dairy Queen; West Noble Primary; Ligonier Telephone Co.; Miller and Main; Pettit’s Mobile Home Park; Ligonier City Hall; Eagles Nest Estates (formerly Indian Lakes); Wawaka Post Office; and Cosperville Church.
This is subject to change.
If, in the case of severe weather, etc., school is delayed, cancelled, or closed early the announcement will be made over WOWO, WBCL radio stations and WANE-TV, WPTA-TV, WFFT-TV, WSJV-TV, and WNDU-TV television stations. School delays or cancellations will also be posted on the internet at westnoble.k12.in.us click on Activities Calendar.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SCHOOL DURING THESE EMERGENCIES.